PDF stands for Portable Document Format which was first released by ADOBE in the year 1993 and since then PDF has become an integral part of document management for almost every user on the planet. PDF was created to present documents including text formatting and images and to avoid dependence on application software, hardware and operating systems. Since, PDF became a standard format for creating and managing important documents such as invoices, job applications, government forms, legal documents and other important text files, users often get stuck when it comes to editing PDF files and therefore, we are sharing insightful information about how to edit PDF files online for free without installing any software.
Let’s explore further how to edit PDF files online for free?
One of the major reasons why PDF has become so popular is because it prevents the originality of the document which basically means that the content of PDF document cannot be modified easily.
Other reasons for the popularity include the smaller file size of the PDF documents compared to the source files and it can be opened on any PC, tablet or mobile device. PDF files are read only files and in order to edit the contents you need specialized tools or software to modify these files.
We’ll show you show to edit pdf online without installing any software.
List of tools to edit PDF files online for free:
1. Adobe Acrobat DC – This is a proprietary online tool from ADOBE that allows editing PDF files without the need of source files and you can also do it on-the-go. It is a powerful PDF editing tool that allows adding new paragraphs, cropping and swapping images, rearranging pages and also fixes typos. It also offers a mobile app that you can download on your iPad and you can add and edit text, reorder pages in a PDF from anywhere.
2. Small PDF – A pretty straightforward online PDF editor where you just have to drag and drop your PDF file that you want to edit and you are ready to edit with its powerful PDF editor. You can also download the files directly into the editor from your Google Drive or Dropbox account. Since, Small PDF tool is built in the CLOUD, users do not have to download anything and it is also completely platform independent. It works online so, you can use it on a Linux device or Windows PC or Mac. You can also convert PDF document to word for easy editing.
3. PDF Pro – Offers CLOUD based online PDF editing software which has lots of features. You can simply drag & drop your PDF file in to the editor and you are ready to start editing in a secure and encrypted environment. Features include erasing and adding customized text, highlighting, uploading images, and even add placing symbols and shapes in the document. Overall a great PDF text editor tool. Users get 3 free downloads of the edited PDF file without signing up for the service.
4. PDF2GO – A highly versatile online PDF editor tool that works across smartphones, tablets, computers, laptops, as well as browsers like Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox etc. and so you are not limited to using it on only few device. The editor allows you to directly edit a PDF document, add text or images or draw boxes, circles and arrows on your PDF page. Even if your PDF contains tables or several columns of text, you can still easily edit your PDF. You can also highlight passages or add a watermark to your PDF file.
5. Sejda – It allows you to Edit PDF files online for free and Sign your PDF documents as well. You can upload the files from your computer or even use Google Drive or Dropbox files easily with this online PDF editor. Fill PDF forms, Add text, links, images and shapes. Edit existing PDF text. Edit PDF links and do much more.
Best tools to edit PDF files Online without installing any software
6. PDF Escape – This tool is available both online and also offers a downloadable PDF editor for Windows that you can download on your PC. You can use PDF Escape not only to edit PDF files but also to fill out PDF forms. Other features include creating PDF forms, share documents online and Annotate PDF Documents. However, premium features include merge PDF documents, convert PDF files to other formats, add watermark and compress PDF files. It’s features make it a good PDF editor online tool.
7. PDF Zorro – This easy to use Online PDF editor is easy to use and fast. You can fill out forms, add your personal signature, white out or highlight text, etc. This tools runs in the CLOUD and you can also delete your files from the CLOUD once you are done editing. It also offers chrome app that allows opening, merge and converting files directly from the Google Drive.
8. Hipdf – Easily edit PDf files directly from your browser using this simple PDF editor online. However, it also offers a desktop software if you prefer to work offline. Its powerful editor allows you to add and edit texts, images and shapes in your PDF file without any limitations.
9. PDF Buddy – If you do not have too many PDF files to edit every month then this is perfect online PDF editor for you. You can edit upto 3 PDF files for free each month in a 256 bit encrypted environment that ensures security and privacy of your PDF documents. YOU can easily fill out forms, add signatures, white out and highlight text from any device such as PC, Mac or Android devices.
10. PDF Filler – It offers both flexibility and versatility when it comes to editing PDF online. This tool is great as you can upload PDF file that you want to edit from your computer, through URL, request PDF via email from the editor itself or get files from 3rd party tools such as box, dropbox or onedrive. It allows you to Insert text boxes, type anywhere on the page and customize text, Sign documents online, make your PDF fillable, add pictures, notes and other objects, Add watermarks, Print, download or share your documents. It also offers a Google Chrome Extension.
11. PDF Candy – is a powerful tool to edit PDF files online for free and offers features such as drag & drop files or get files from Google Drive or Dropbox similar to the other PDF editors online. It offers ‘Undo’ and ‘Redo’ buttons that can undo the latest action and redo it again if needed for the better user experience. What makes this tool really powerful is its ability to edit the Metadata of the PDF document.
As you can see there are several PDF editors online that you can use to edit PDF files online for free. Depending on your needs you can always choose the free version or the paid version of the above mentioned online PDF editors. Editing PDF files has never been so easy with these online PDF editors that will definitely make you job much easier.
12. JotForm PDF Editor – This online pdf editor automatically turns collected form response data into professional, elegant PDFs that are easy to share with colleagues and customers quickly.
Create professional-looking documents with the data you collect.
Send invoices to your customers, document job application information, or prepare proposals for potential clients.
Produce practically any type of document you need.
Our Free solutions enable over 10000 small businesses every month to generate more sales and income. Get Started Free!