As a small business owner who is just getting started or already into some kind of small business, one of the pain areas that you have to constantly deal with is the advertising and marketing to grow sales. Word of mouth is slow, TV advertising is expensive and online advertising doesn’t guarantee results. So, what are some of the effective advertising ideas for small businesses that can really help you grow?
Today, we will share with you a collection of tried and tested Advertising ideas for small businesses that you can try and grow your small business quickly.
These advertising ideas for small businesses are effective, affordable and drive results.
Print Advertising – Print is not dead and it will never be dead. People still love to open newspapers in the morning and go through it to find out what’s happening around them.
- Advertising in local newspaper is not expensive and in fact you can negotiate on prices with the ad booking agency for discounts if you book your ad for multiple weeks. It is one of the best ways to inform local customers about your small business and in no time you would start getting calls and inquiries.
- Direct mail still works. People love to receive post cards, brochures and pamphlets. Direct mail is one of those advertising ideas for small businesses that is effective and works better then email marketing or cold calling. So, start sending beautiful postcards, brochures and pamphlets to the local residents in your area and you can quickly grow your customer base.
- Billboard Ads deliver higher exposure to your small business and therefore you get better results. Billboards are often seen on the freeways and downtown areas and often catch the attention of the people driving by or walking on the streets. Billboard Ads are a great advertising idea for small businesses that are looking for immediate exposure to their brand.
- Bus and Truck Advertising – You may have seen advertising banners of various brands on buses and trucks. Not only small businesses but established brands also rely on bus and truck banner advertising to get exposure in targeted areas. Although, bus advertising through a state owned public transport services can expensive but you can always talk to private tour bus operators and truck drivers that are willing to stick your banners for a small fee.
- Don’t forget to get your business cards printed even before you open your store, shop, office or engage in business activities. Distributing your business cards to prospective clients or customers before starting up can help you in acquiring few customers even before you launch your small business officially.
Professional and Community Opportunities for Small Businesses
Get registered with local business organizations and communities and they offer immense small business promotion opportunities to get your name out there.
Every professional or business organization offers exclusive advertising opportunities for their members, ranging from free promotion on the organization’s website through special section newspaper advertising.
These local business organizations also offer a range of advertising solutions for small businesses both online and offline through a network partners that include local newspapers and community web portals.
Don’t forget local trade shows as a means of getting the word out. The main reason to participate in trade shows is to be seen and get known locally.
As a small business owner you may want to focus on your local community and participation in local trade shows is among the best advertising ideas for small businesses.
Remember, we are not talking about large trade shows here as they are quite expensive, we are talking about industry specific trade shows that are hosted by various local business organizations at the community level.
Partnering with other small businesses in your area can provide you with the right amount of exposure locally and can greatly increase your advertising power. Getting involved in a local charitable event or a community event is an effective small business advertising and getting your name out there. So, find out local community and charitable events that suit you and get involved.
Non-Print Forms of Advertising for Small Businesses such as Cable TV advertising ideas for small businesses.
Since, you can’t afford an air time on a popular TV channel it doesn’t mean that your small business can’t be seen on TV. Cable TV providers and companies offer advertising ideas within the budget of small businesses, from advertising on the TV Guide Listings or Real Estate channels through running infomercials.
Another effective advertising idea for small businesses that you may have missed is radio advertising.
Local radio stations offer cost effective advertising solutions that are highly targeted and reach potential customers in no time. A catchy advertising jingle on a radio grabs the attention of the listeners and that’s what you need to when it comes to getting a word out about your small business.
Local Web Directory Submissions
When it comes to advertising ideas for small businesses one of the most common places to spread a word about your small business are the web directories. These directories offer immediate visibility to your business locally as soon as you submit a profile. So, don’t miss out the web directory submissions as they are highly effective for both your business and your business website.
If you already have an in-house mailing list or are able to develop one, email advertising can work for you. There are two ideal things about it: Everyone has email nowadays and you can customize the email you send to target specific groups of customers or even individuals.
You may receive several newsletters everyday in your inbox. Most of the time you delete them without paying much attention but sometimes you spend time on going through those newsletter emails as they interest you or useful to you.
Sending email newsletters often can help you reach potential customers in your targeted market without spending anything on marketing. All you have to do is create an email list of your existing contacts and gather new email addresses of the companies and businesses that you want to reach out to and then signup for any free email marketing service such as mailchimp, zoho campaigns or constant contact and you are good to go.
Targeted Channels for Online Advertising for Small Businesses
If you are looking to sell products to the consumers then starting with eBay and amazon can be a fast and inexpensive way to make sales, generate income and at the same time reach out to the potential customers make them aware of your products.
Listing your items on amazon or ebay is also an effective form of advertising as it helps giving your brand a greater exposure online.
Advertising on facebook is relatively inexpensive compared to Google Adwords and other online ad networks. Facebook also has a huge user base and targeting your ad campaign within a certain geographical area or region helps users discover your business or brand and engage with it.
WhatsApp groups – WhatsApp also has a huge user base and it has also become one of the important advertising tools for small businesses. You can easily create a group on whatsapp and send invites to the users to join. You can then post engaging content about your business or products and interested users may respond accordingly.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – If you are seeking long-term growth and results then you should invest in SEO of your website. Search Engine Optimization is not expensive at all if you know which company or agency to work with. SEO helps with organic growth and drives organic traffic to your website and drives results that you cannot expect with online advertising.
Have patience and try the above listed advertising ideas for small businesses to grow your small business slowly and steadily. Don’t be in a hurry as it takes a while before any business takes-off.
A good advertising is the one that drives results for your small business and you have to keep trying to figure which form of small business advertising works for your business.
Note: Get a Free Business Website, Free Company emails and Free Sucess marketing for 365 days with ADAVNTON. Join other 10000 small businesses that succeeded with a strong online presence. Get Started free!