Adding comments to a document is no longer impossible because there is now software that has made adding comments to PDFs possible. One of such is Foxit PDF Editor. Foxit PDF Editor has powerful cloud-based annotation tools that can help you edit PDFs with comments online for free.
That said, this article will discuss two scenarios for inserting comments in a PDF document. The first is adding comments to a text PDF document, and the second is adding comments to a PDF image.
More importantly, we included other trusted alternatives (4) you can use instead of Foxit PDF Editor.
Adding Comments To A Text PDF
Table of Contents
Note: this entire section focuses on only-text PDFs. Nevertheless, the tips can apply to all documents. But you’ll get the best results if you keep to the “focus.”
Adding or editing comments to a PDF document can be done by clicking the comment tab.
Once you click on the tab, you will be provided several options with which you can add comments and provide your feedback in the PDF document.
Here are some of the options:
- Highlighting – this is a feature that can be used to add comments. You can do this by clicking on the highlight text button. This will draw the attention of the author of the PDF document, or it may also show the author of the PDF document that they should underline the title. Once you are done, all you need to do is to click on the “Publish” button.
- Deleting – You can let the author know that you need them to delete or replace a part of the text using the “strike out button.” This button will strike a line on the text you clicked on and draw the author’s attention to do what is necessary.
- Note – There is another button called the “Note button,” it can be used to pin a note and write longer messages or comments to the author. Once you click on this button, you can add longer comments wherever you need to add comments in the document.
To review all the comments you have added, check the left sidebar.
Adding Comments To A PDF Image
We have established that you can add comments to a PDF text; next is how you can add comments to your PDF images.
For a PDF image, once you click on the “Add comment button,” you will be provided with some options to help you comment on the image.
- Drawing tool button – This option helps you call the author’s attention to a specific part of the image. Clicking on this button helps you to draw whatever shape you want on the image.
- Area highlighting button – A click on this button helps you to highlight a certain area of the image.
- Call-out boxes – These text boxes have arrows that can be used to point to a certain location on the same page of a PDF document. It is used to associate comments with a section of an image.
Best PDF Editors For Editing Comments
Undoubtedly, Foxit PDF Editor is the best editor in terms of pricing and features. It is robust as it is beginner-friendly.
But say you want to try your hand at other PDF Editors to edit your PDF comment, the alternatives below will come in handy.
Frankly, only Adobe Acrobat comes close to Foxit PDF Editor. And the reason is OBVIOUS:
The PDF Editor is backed by a reputable brand – one that has been one of the major players in the industry.
For context, Adobe recently purchased Figma for $20B. In other words, they have the resources and personnel to build an enviable PDF Editor.
And much like Foxit PDF Editor, Adobe Acrobat is just as robust – and flexible too. You can also use the editor on mobile, desktop, and online.
Furthermore, Adobe Acrobat is quite visually-pleasing.
The only downsides with Adobe Acrobat are its pricing and navigation. The pricing could be friendlier for individuals and small businesses.
For the handling, the interface can be overwhelming. However, you can fix that with any of the numerous tutorials created by Adobe.
AirSlate pdf Filler
If you need the best PDF Editor for “ease of use,” none comes close to pdfFiller. It is even more beginner-friendly than the Foxit PDF Editor.
Like Adobe and Foxit, pdfFiller is also robust. It comes with several exciting features – annotation inclusive.
Furthermore, pdfFiller comes in different versions. You can use it online, on your smartphones and PC.
The only issue with pdfFiller is that it is too bland compared to Adobe and Foxit. Perhaps AirSlate sacrificed aesthetics for ease of use.
Nonetheless, pdfFiller is a great PDF Editor. And if you don’t mind the bland interface, this tool will fit your needs.
At $6.49 entry price, the Coolness PDF is the cheapest PDF Editor we’ve used – that actually works.
And understandably, the Coolness PDF is not as robust as Adobe or Foxit. However, it has enough juice to perform simple functions like editing, merging, and annotation.
So if you desire a “simple” PDF Editor just for annotation (adding and editing), the Coolness PDF is the best-priced tool.
However, you might have to contend with the fact that the owners of the Coolness PDF are somewhat greenhorns in the productivity software industry.
Nitro PDF Productivity
The chances are that the Coolness PDF is too “basic” for your needs. In that case, you’ll love Nitro PDF Productivity.
Nitro PDF is more affordable than Adobe and Foxit. And unlike Coolness PDF and pdfFiller, it is a product from a reputable brand.
More importantly, the Nitro PDF Productivity is packed with several exciting features. With it, you can do much more than just annotate and edit your PDFs.
Overall: Foxit PDF Editor remains the best of the lot when you combine ease of use with pricing.
If you only want to consider ease of use, pdfFiller is the better choice. And it is just as affordable as the Coolness PDF.
Can You Edit PDF Comments For Free?
Yes. However, you can only do so for a limited time – the free trial period.
What Is The Best Way To Edit PDF Comments?
Frankly, there is no best way to edit PDF comments. You can do it however you like – either on your smartphone or on the PC. However, we recommend doing it online.
Pro tip: the subscription for online PDF editors is the most affordable.
ADVANTON Helps Small Businesses & Brands reach 40,000+ Targeted monthly users through it’s platform and multiply their sales! $60 for a Sponsored/Guest Post.