Starting and growing your business requires courage, motivation, hard work and perseverance. You have to invest time, money and yourself to take care of it while expecting nothing in return. You cannot expect overnight success in any business but being consistent in your efforts is the key to turn your startup business into a success story. Entrepreneurship is a tough and isolating journey because initially, it’s just you who believes in the idea of creating a business out of nothing. In this post you will find famous quotes by entrepreneurs who had achieved everything in life with sheer hard work, courage and perseverance. Also, you will find quotes about business, quotes about entrepreneurship, quotes about failure and quotes about success.
Famous entrepreneurs like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Henry Ford have been quoted as saying some of the most inspirational words for entrepreneurs and they have built some of the most successful companies in the world. Their quotes about entrepreneurs, business, failure and success encompass their experiences, successful and failed, and their work ethic; without this motivation and courage none of them would have been able to start their business and turn it into world’s greatest companies. Whether you need a motivational, inspiration, life, moral or hard work push in the right direction these famous quotes by entrepreneurs are sure to inspire you to start your business and keep moving in the right direction that would ultimately lead to success.
Many startup businesses fail during the first year and many shut down three years after launch. According to SBA, only 30% of new businesses fail during the first two years of being open, 50% during the first five years and 66% during the first 10. The SBA goes on to state that only 25% make it to 15 years or more. While there are many factors leading to the failure of a startup, one of the main reasons is the lack of expert startup advice founders receive. Here’s very useful article that highlights the top 6 reasons why new businesses fail.
Experiences of seasoned and famous entrepreneurs are valuable and you can learn from their experiences about building successful businesses. No matter how many books you read, you simply can’t replace the experience they’ve gained by actually doing the hard work, failing, and succeeding in the end.
Motivational quotes by entrepreneurs provide us with a quick and timely burst of wisdom to get our focus back, offering the inspiration needed for the day or an important event. Often a quote can offer inspiration for the week, and inspire us when we lack motivation to move forward.
Here’s a great article explaining how inspirational quotes can change your life.
We’ve compiled a list of motivational quotes by entrepreneurs to inspire startup businesses achieve the impossible. Seasoned entrepreneurs can help you propel your businesses in the right direction and stay motivated in tough times. These quotes by entrepreneurs are about business, failure, success and entrepreneurship.
Famous Quotes by Greatest Entrepreneurs of all Time
Table of Contents
1. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790
Quote: “To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.”
2. John D. Rockefeller 1839-1937
Quote: “Good leadership consists of showing average people how to do the work of superior people.”
3. Cyrus McCormick Sr. 1809-1884
Quote: “One step at a time, the hardest one first.”
4. Andrew Carnegie 1835-1919
Quote: “No man can become rich without him enriching others.”
5. Henry Ford 1863-1947
Quote: “Stay true to your vision and follow your instincts-even if your backers advise otherwise.”
Quote: “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.”
6. George Eastman 1854-1932
Quote: “Price yourself into a mass market.”
7. Michael Dell 1965 – till date
Quote: “Eliminate the middleman. Both you and your customer will benefit.”
8. Ross Perot 1930 – till date
Quote: “You don’t have to be the biggest to beat the biggest.”
9. Steve Jobs 1955 – 2011
Quote: “Half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the nonsuccessful ones is pure perseverance. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
Quote: “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
Quote: “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
10. Estée Lauder 1908-2004
Quote: “Put the product into the customer’s hands, it will speak for itself if it’s something of quality.”
11. Asa Candler 1851-1929
Quote: “Aggressive marketing, unique brands and stylish packaging go a long way.”
12. Madam C.J. Walker 1867-1919
Quote: “If you recognize an unserved customer base, do something about it.”
13. W.K. Kellogg 1860-1951
Quote: “Don’t let anybody copy your process.” (Referring to C.W. Post)
14. Eberhard Anheuser 1805-1880
Quote: “Large-scale production and mass-marketing are meaningless without careful quality control.”
15. Milton Hershey 1857-1945
Quote: “Give them quality. That’s the best kind of advertising in the world.”
16. Richard Branson
Quote: “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long University education that I never had — every day I’m learning something new.”
Quote: “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.”
17. Oprah Winfrey
Quote: “Every time you state what you want or believe, you’re the first to hear it. It’s a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don’t put a ceiling on yourself.”
18. Jeff Bezos
Quote: “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.”
19. Mary Kay Ash
“Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.”
20. Scott Belsky
Quote: “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.”
21. Tom Preston-Werner
Quote: “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.”
22. Reid Hoffman
Quote: “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.”
23. Warren Buffett
Quote: “I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars — I look for 1-foot bars that I can step over.”
24. Steve Case
Quote: “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.”
25. Arianna Huffington
Quote: “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.”
26. Sara Blakely
Quote: “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.”
27. Howard Schultz
Quote: “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.”
28. Walt Disney
Quote: “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
29. Sam Walton
Quote: “High expectations are the key to everything.”
30. Michael Bloomberg
Quote: “Don’t be afraid to assert yourself, have confidence in your abilities and don’t let the bastards get you down.”
Above is a list of famous quotes by entrepreneurs that are known for the work and achievement all over the world!
Famous Quotes about Business
You may have a great idea but executing the steps to turn your idea into a great business is completely different thing. It is always helpful to have a basic understanding of business ethics and principles when starting your business. Below is a list of some famous quotes about business that will be help you get some inspiration.
31. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.”
–Dave Thomas, founder Wendy’s
32. “Make your team feel respected, empowered and genuinely excited about the company’s mission.”
–Tim Westergen, Pandora Founder
33. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
-Bill Gates, founder and CEO Microsoft
34. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.”
–Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO Facebook
35. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.”
–Lisa Stone, co-founder and CEO BlogHer
36. “Money is like gasoline during a road trip. You don’t want to run out of gas on your trip, but you’re not doing a tour of gas stations.”
– Tim O’Reilly, founder and CEO O’Reilly Media
37. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.”
– Tony Hsieh, CEO Zappos
38. “Get big quietly, so you don’t tip off potential competitors.”
– Chris Dixon, co-founder and CEO Hunch
39. “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.”
– Tony Hsieh, CEO Zappos
40. “Always deliver more than expected.”
– Larry Page, co-founder Google
41. “We are really competing against ourselves, we have no control over how other people perform.”
– Pete Cashmore, founder and CEO Mashable
42. “You just have to pay attention to what people need and what has not been done.”
– Russell Simmons, found Def Jam Records
43. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team”
– Reid Hoffman, co-founder LinkedIn
44. “Hire character. Train skill.”
– Peter Schultz, founder and director GNF
45. “Turn a perceived risk into an asset.”
– Aaron Patzer, founder Mint
46. “Data beats emotions.”
– Sean Rad, founder Adly and Tinder
47. “Make your product easier to buy than your competition, or you will find your customers buying from them, not you.”
48. “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see farther.”
– J.P. Morgan
Motivational Quotes about Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship is not for everyone as 90% of the people give up in the middle of the journey for one or the other reason. Entrepreneurs are passionate, have an undying desire to succeed, have high self-esteem, are aggressive in moving forward and have above average intelligence. Below are some motivational quotes about entrepreneurship to help you stay motivated.
49. “All humans are entrepreneurs not because they should start companies but because the will to create is encoded in human DNA.”
50. “Before dreaming about the future or making plans, you need to articulate what you already have going for you – as entrepreneurs do.”
– Reid Hoffman, co-founder LinkedIn
51. “But as an entrepreneur, you have to feel like you can jump out of an aeroplane because you’re confident that you’ll catch a bird flying by. It’s an act of stupidity, and most entrepreneurs go play because the bird doesn’t come by, but a few times it does.”
– Reed Hastings , CEO Netflix
52. “Don’t be cocky. Don’t be flashy. There’s always someone better than you.”
–Tony Hsieh, CEO Zappos
53. “Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give — with a few exceptions — generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work.”
– Ben Silbermann, founder Pinterest
54. “An entrepreneur tends to bite off a little more than he can chew hoping he’ll quickly learn how to chew it.”
– Roy Ash, co-founder Litton Industries
55. “Nobody talks about entrepreneurship as survival, but that’s exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking. Running that first shop taught me business is not financial science; it’s about trading: buying and selling”
– Anita Roddick, founder The Body Shop
56. “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.”
– Tony Hsieh, CEO Zappos
57. “Openly share and talk to people about your idea. Use their lack of interest or doubt to fuel your motivation to make it happen.”
– Todd Garland, Founder BuySellAds
58. “Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you’re generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.”
59. “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.”
60. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”
-Steve Jobs, founder, chairman and CEO Apple Inc.
There’s another great inventor and scientist ‘Benjamin Franklin‘ and his famous quotes that are highly motivating.
61. “If you want to be an entrepreneur, it’s not a job, it’s a lifestyle. It defines you. Forget about vacations, about going home at 6 pm – last thing at night you’ll send emails, first thing in the morning you’ll read emails, and you’’ wake up in the middle of the night. But it’s hugely rewarding as you’re fulfilling something for yourself.”
-Niklas Zennstrom, founder Skype and Kazaa
Famous Quotes about Failure
The road to success is filled with hardships and failures. But those who keep moving on by analyzing the reasons of failure and rectifying the problems, succeed in the end. Below are some very famous quotes about failure!
62. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” —J. K. Rowling
63. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
64. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” —Thomas A. Edison
65. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” —Michael Jordan
66. “If you learn from defeat, you haven’t really lost.” —Zig Ziglar
67. “If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.” —Woody Allen
68. “What matters is this: Being fearless of failure arms you to break the rules. In doing so, you may change the culture and just possibly, for a moment, change life itself.” —Malcolm Mclaren
69. “A minute’s success pays the failure of years.” —Robert Browning
70. “I don’t believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.” —Oprah Winfrey
71. “We’re born with success. It is only others who point out our failures, and what they attribute to us as failure.” —Whoopi Goldberg
72. “The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.” —John C. Maxwell
73. “I’ve probably earned the right to screw up a few times. I don’t want the fear of failure to stop me from doing what I really care about.” —Emma Watson
74. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” —Henry Ford
75. “I was afraid of being a failure, of not having the best time or of being chicken. But every year I get older I think, What was I fearing last year? You forget. And then you move on.” —Sandra Bullock
76. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” —James Cameron
77. “You don’t go into anything contemplating failure, because if you did, you wouldn’t make it.” —Simon Cowell
Famous Quotes about Success
Everyone needs a little push sometimes. Whether you’re starting out on a new career path or need a burst of motivation, these inspiring words will remind you that success is possible. Plus, check out more powerful quotes that will get you in a positive mindset.
78. “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
79. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
80. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
81. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” – – Franklin D. Roosevelt
82. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” – Colin Powell
83. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
84. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” – Stephen Hawking
85. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
86. “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
87. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair
88. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
89. “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.” – Bob Riley
90. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
91. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” ― Roy T. Bennett
Best Tips to Stay Motivated and Inspired
Enjoy The Entrepreneurial Journey
Entrepreneurship is a journey and all too often entrepreneurs get caught up by thoughts of building wealth and living a lavish life and they forget that the goal of entrepreneurship is to create something meaningful and one should embrace this journey.
No matter where you are at in life right now, no matter where you are going, the whole point of the “end result” is the journey itself. It’s during the process that you learn and grow as a person.
Life is going to be filled with many ups and downs so the best thing to do is buckle up and enjoy the journey towards building your dream.
Have a Clear Goal in your Mind & Heart
If you don’t know what you want, then you don’t know where you are going.For you to be able to enjoy the journey, you do need a destination in mind so that your desire can pull you in that direction.
And sometimes the best way to know what you want, is by knowing what you don’t want. Never discount learning experiences where you discover that you don’t like something. There is great value in this experience because now you know what you don’t want.
If you have not done so already, write down five goals or things you would like to accomplish in the next five years.
Follow Your Passion in Life
The best way to achieve your goals is to figure out what you want in life and you then you will follow your passion without distractions. People often lose their focus and passion due to the influence of society and others in life but if you have an undying desire to achieve something great in life, then there’s nothing better than following your passion and keeping moving ahead one step at a time.
There’s something new to choose from everyday and you should choose the one that is the most exciting that you can take action on without expectation of what is to come from it and see where it leads you.
When you can no longer take it any further, move on to the next exciting thing. Your excitement will never end if you are clear about your goals in life. So follow your passion and excitement and see where it leads you.
Maintain a Healthy Body and a Positive Mind
Life is tough and there are many ups and downs that we have to face and it can lead to severe mental and physical health issues that can impact your life’s journey. It will be your job to keep a check on your health and surround yourself with positive energy and people. And, it will be your job to fill your body with the right foods that keep you feeling healthy and clean.
Your mind and a body is a vessel: what you put in is what you get out. If you want to live a life filled with joy and passion, fill your mind and body with good things and positive thoughts.
Be Thankful and Compassionate
Always appreciate what you have in life and enjoy the journey of entrepreneurship. All too often, people get lost in their day-to-day activities and then life becomes boring or a drag. If you are passionate about what you want in life then keep moving on and don’t let your mind get bored of things around you. Don’t get distracted and embrace each moment.
If you stay in a state of gratitude and are thankful for each moment, then you will be in a state where you can attract better things in your life. Remember, a healthy and positive mind attracts positive things so, remain in a state of gratitude and you will attract good things in your life.
We hope that the above quotes by entrepreneurs will help you find motivation to start your business and follow your passion in life to achieve your dreams!
Note: Advanton helps thousands of Small Businesses generate 100% Leads and Income every month. Get a Free Business Website, Free Company emails and Free Success marketing with All-in-one CLOUD. Join other 10000 small businesses that succeeded with a strong online presence. Get Started free!