Painting Business can be lucrative and a profitable venture for a painting pro as Spending on Home Remodelling and improvement is set to grow in the United States. According Statista, “Americans had spent US $394 billion in 2018 on Home improvement for making their properties more comfortable for living. The average annual home improvement expenditure per homeowner amounted to 7,560 U.S. dollars in 2018, up from about 6,650 dollars the year before.” In such a huge home improvement market in the US, how would a painting contractor generate painting leads and what would be the marketing strategy? This remains a big question for most of the painting contractors when starting a painting company in the U.S. Most of the business owners do not know how to grow painting business? If you are a painting contractor or a professional then in this post you will learn about leads generation for painting companies and how to grow your niche painting company.
All-in-one CLOUD platform for Local contractors marketing is equipped with a mobile friendly Website for painting contractors, business emails and success online marketing apps that puts painting contractors in front of local home improvement customers and generates painting leads every week.
Video tutorial for Painting Contractor Lead Generation
What doesn’t work when it comes to leads generation for painting contractors?
Before we dive into the topic of lead generation for painting companies, let’s understand what doesn’t work when it comes to leads generation for painting contractors.
- Paid advertising – Outbound marketing is dead and running paid ads such as Adwords will only get you two or three painting leads for every $500 spent. A PPC (pay per click) campaign will cost $12.33 per click, which means 8 clicks for every US $100 and these 8 clicks are a too small number for a conversion into sales. Also, once your account balance is exhausted, your painting website will be no where on the web and in the Serps. So, paid advertising and paid search for painting contractors doesn’t work in 2020, instead focus on organic search to increase your business’s visibility.
- Dropping flyers around the city– You can try dropping thousands of flyers and get 4 or 5 calls at most which are unlikely to convert into sales. You will end up spending a minimum of US $200 on these flyers and your valuable time with no results. Dropping flyers to get painting leads is not a good idea.
- Leaving business cards around the city – This is also an outbound marketing technique to get painting leads which never works because people end up throwing away hundreds of business cards that they receive from different contractors and businesses.
- Car advertising – It is expensive if you are engaging with a car advertising company for leads generation for painting business and there’s no guarantee that you would ever get calls from people looking for painting and staining work for their homes or offices.
All of the above methods for generating leads for painting contractors are dead and useless. As a painting contractor you will only end up spending money with no calls and sales. Now let’s take a look at the methods that actually work for generating painting leads.
9 Best ways to generate Painting leads for contractors
1. Tie up with Paint Stores
Most paint stores have a bulletin board or card holder where you can put your business cards. However, when there are 40 other painting businesses doing the same thing it can get competitive. Make sure your business cards REALLY stand out.
Here’s a good test: Look at all the cards at once and see which first 2 your eye was drawn to. Chances are most people are drawn to these same cards. Steal some ideas from the cards that stick out2. Create a Website for Painting Company to get cheap painting leads.
2. Create a Website for Painting Company – number one lead generation source for painting contractors
Your painting website will be the number one lead source for your painting company. Get a professional website design for your painting company and include all the services, contact information and your previous painting jobs on the website to attract new visitors and turn them into customers.
A professional painting contractor website should have a services landing page, a contact page with your address and a map and customer testimonials page.
3. Local Online Directories – Get in front of local customers to get painting leads
Create your painting company listings on local business directories and Google My Business Listing page to help local residents find you online in local search results. As a painting contractor your business relies on local customers and your company should be listed on Local Business Directories to generate painting leads. Directory listings and local listings also help in improving search engine optimization.
4. Collect Reviews – Online reviews are the best source to build reputation as a painting contractor and get leads
Ask your previous customers and existing customers to leave reviews on your Google My Business listing page as well as other online review websites to build online reputation. Reviews are a great source of building trust among customers and generating leads for painting company. Reviews also show up in local search results on google that generates leads.
5. Referrals – Ask for referrals from previous customers, Friends & Family members
Referrals are a great source of generating painting leads. Ask your old customers for referrals where you had performed an excellent painting job in their houses. Also, ask your family members and friends for referrals if someone in their network is looking for a painting contractor. Remember, to do an exceptional job so that it leads to more jobs as your customers will refer your name to their friends, colleagues and family members.
6. Optimize Painting Website for Local Search
Take advantage of Local SEO and optimize your website for local search. Even google is focusing on local businesses and shows local service providers in search engine results based on the location from where a search is performed. Most of the local contractors generate leads from their Google My Business listing or website that shows up in local search results.
Optimizing your website for local search can be complex if you do not have any prior knowledge of how search and internet marketing works. Well, here’s a list of steps to optimize your painting website for local search and generate painting leads:
- Create pages for all the cities/places/towns where you offer painting service
- Include Google map, your address and phone number on each page and especially on the contact us page.
- List your business on Google maps (this option is available when you create a Google My Business Listing).
- Mention your services clearly on your website and create individual page for each service.
- Display reviews collected on Google my Business Listing on your website using a widget. It helps build trust among visitors and turn them into customers.
- Display your business information such as contact details, important pages of the website at the bottom of the website also known as footer.
- Enable Structured Data Markup (Schema markup) to enable search engines identify your website’s content, contact details and location easily for better indexing and placement in search results.
- Focus on content creation relevant to painting industry to get backlinks to your website which will boost your ranking in the searches and improve your online business visibility. Having quality backlinks is also one of the major ranking factors.
- Follow some basic Local Seo Strategy and link building to improve search ranking and boost your search marketing.
- You can also find painting jobs on job portals like Jooble and Indeed.
7. Use Social Media to generate Painting Leads
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are a great way of showcasing and promoting your painting company among thousands of local residents in your area. Simply, create social media pages and join local groups from your city/town to make users aware about your painting company. Share helpful posts, pictures of your recent painting work and collect reviews on Facebook from old customers to build trust and generate painting leads. Here’s a list of Best social media tools to grow small business.
8. Networking with other local businesses
Get in touch with property managers, real estate agents, general contractors, and roofing contractors. Inform them about your painting company and past jobs. Ask them if they need a reliable painter and if they have any houses or buildings that they need a bid for. You’d be surprised how much painting is going on all the time. You can share a part of your earnings as a commission with them for lifelong relationship.
9. Lead groups
Every city in the U.S. usually has a chamber of commerce with different business groups to join. A lot of these groups are just lead-exchange groups. Getting involved with different business groups and chambers of commerce where people exchange business is a great way to source more painting leads for free.
FAQ about Painting Business
Q. How big is the House Painting Industry in the US?
A. House Painting industry has generated revenues of US $41 billion in 2019 and there were a total of 306,807 painting businesses in the U.S.
Q. Is house painting a profitable business?
A. The median annual income of painters is US $37,960 a year according to the Department of Labor.
Q. How Much does it cost to start a painting business?
A. The initial investment for the necessary equipment to begin a small interior house painting business can be as little as $1000 which includes basic painting equipment, state licenses fees. However, you may need liability insurance for your painting business.
There are several proven ways to generate painting leads and leads for contractors but which one work for your business depends on the nature of your business, location, pricing and population of your city. Home improvement is a growing market in the U.S., and as a painting contractor you may not face much issues in getting business from local customers that are looking for painting work.
If you really want to grow your painting company or contracting business then join ADVANTON. With a Strong online presence, equipped with local search optimization, online marketing apps, business emails and a painting contractor website, your business will get painting leads every week. Also, read our Marketing Success Stories of Local Contractors.
Air Conditioner Installation Cost
Home Remodelling Contractor Boston
Asphalt Driveway Cost vs Concrete Driveway Cost
Leads for Contractors in Boston
Leads for contractors in Los Angeles
Home Improvement Cost Los Angeles
Leads for Contractors in New Jersey
Tiling and Flooring contractor Los Angeles
Fire Alarm Installation Contractor, Boston
Local Plumbing Contractor Boston
Insurance Leads generation Company
Sales leads for flooring contractors
Note: ADVANTON helps over 10000 Small Business generate 100% local sales leads and revenues every month. All-in-one CLOUD platform for Website design, Free Business emails and Online marketing apps for leads generation for painting contractors in the U.S.
Guilder Burton says
This post is amazing for painter looking to generate local painting leads from homeowners. I appreciate your efforts in writing this post!
George Anderson says
Great tips for house painters to generate painting leads. I’ve been using some of these tips to grow my painting business here in Boston. Great work!
David Fisher says
Nice tips about generating painting leads. Thanks for sharing this with us!