Are you an entrepreneur looking to start a mini golf resort business? Then consider buying Topgolf franchise as it offers everything that a mini golf resort business requires to succeed and what today’s sports entertainment lovers demand. Along with this you can expect good returns on your investments in the long-run. In this post you will find complete details about the cost to open a Topgolf franchise and their requirement.
Topgolf is a global sports entertainment community headquartered in Dallas, Texas with locations in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. There are currently 58 Topgolf locations, 53 in the United States, 3 in the United Kingdom, and one in Australia.
- Cost of opening one TopGolf franchise is around Us $18 million.
There are also 12 more locations under construction, 9 in the United States and 3 in the rest of the world (1 each in Canada, Mexico and the United Arab Emirates). Each Topgolf venue features climate-controlled hitting bays for year-round play, food, beverage, music and HDTVs on which various sports games are shown, such as football, basketball and golf. Topgolf also offers golf lessons, leagues, tournaments, concerts, corporate and social events.
WHAT IS TOP GOLF?
How Much does it cost build a TopGolf Franchise?
The cost of starting a TopGolf franchise varies according to the location but an on an average a TopGolf franchise costs up to $18 million dollars to build. One facility in Austin, TX was built for around $15 million while a new TopGolf that was built in Las Vegas cost over $50 million!
Investment Requirements for opening a TopGolf Franchise
- Financial Investment Estimate
The average TopGolf facility costs approximately 18 million dollars to establish. Originating in the UK and now with numerous locations over the USA; the company plans to expand globally. At this time, the official website is stating that TopGolf is a privately – owned company with no current franchise opportunities. However, if you do have 10 to 20 million lying around, you may wish to pursue this sporting venture.
Exact cost of Starting a TopGolf Franchise
The cost to start one TopGolf Franchise is US $18 million.
However, costs may come down or go up depending on the location and the city where you are starting a TopGolf Franchise. For example, One facility in Austin, TX was built for around $15 million while a new TopGolf that was built in Las Vegas cost over $50 million!
The average TopGolf facility is 65,000 square feet and three storeys high. A single facility can accommodate over 1250 people simultaneously to have fun and relax.
How to Open a TopGolf Franchise
If you have the capital to meet the financial investment required to start a TopGolf franchise, then here are the steps to open a TopGolf Franchise:
- Fill the application at the website for opening a store. You will need to include your name, address, city and state. You need a phone number and email address. Then choose the amount of capital you are willing to invest.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the company that your application has been received and is being reviewed. This email will tell you if you will be approved for the location. It will also go into more specifics regarding the financing. You will be asked to schedule a time for an associate to call you and talk more.
- Keep your financial documents ready when you have your phone conversation with the company’s staff. This is when you will find out if you have enough money to open the store or if you will need financing. If you require a loan or financing for the venture, you can apply for an SBA pre-qualified loan through the website.
- The approvals won’t take much time if you had demonstrated that you can meet the cost to start a TopGolf Franchise. You should already have a building with all the hookups. After your application is approved, the organization will start sending fixtures and merchandise to your building.
- You will then be mandated to attend a workshop at the headquarters before the opening of your TopGolf Franchise.
Topgolf Entertainment Group has Announced New Franchise Partnership With Plans to Expand into Central Europe. Topgolf and its franchise partner sign on to open venues in Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Austria. Speaking on the development Topgolf Chief Executive Officer Dolf Berle said:
We are thrilled to be partnering with Greenreb to bring the Topgolf experience to central Europe.We look forward to working with the talented team at Greenreb to introduce Topgolf’s special blend of technology and entertainment so that new communities across the globe can enjoy a truly unmatched experience.Read Full news on Topgolf.com
Some Interesting Facts about Topgolf
1. History of TopGolf
The first location of TopGolf was opened in Watford, UK in the year 2000 by twin brothers Steve and Dave Jolliffe.
2. TopGolf Subsidiaries
The company currently operates 3 Subsidiaries:
- Topgolf Group Limited
- Topgolf USA, LLC
- Topgolf Media, LLC
3. Focusing on Fun
TopGolf locations have revolutionized the sport by taking the serious level down a notch. Being good at golf is not a requirement to have fun and enjoy a lively atmosphere. Tasty appetizers, refreshing drinks and some fun music provide a delightful atmosphere while you practice your swing and perfect your game. Continuous food and drink service by servers known as “caddies” enables you to stay focused and get in the zone.
4. Micro-chipped Balls and an Outfield
Imagine hitting your golf ball and instantly reading the stats on your shot. The genius behind TopGolf relies on using special golf balls outfitted with micro-chips. Players then utilize real clubs (free to rent for the entire family) and take shots onto an outfield. Highly addictive and entertaining, players of all capacity will enjoy the positive atmosphere and feedback on every shot. Targets range from 215 yards to 20 yards; ideal for everyone.
5. TopGolf Membership Cards
Players never have to worry about keeping track of their previous scores as their membership card holds all the answers. Purchase your games onto your card and use at any TopGolf location. Note that once game credits are loaded onto the card, they are unable to be refunded.
6. Single TopGolf Franchise costs Approximately 18 Million to Build
The average TopGolf facility is 65,000 square feet and three storeys high. Over 1250 people can simultaneously have fun and relax. This destination features monthly membership fees or one time drop in opportunities. There are special discounts for Junior Members available. Due to the state-of-the-art equipment, exuberant real estate and spectacular facilities, these locations are popping up with excellent revenue reports and decent expansion.
7. Your Inventory
Most Golf franchises carry copious amounts of equipment to ensure that players have everything they need for a great game. Your franchise will have specific build out and display options to secure the following items:
- golf balls
- club accessories
- pro-line equipment
- junior equipment
- men’s, ladies and children’s apparel
- along with a host of other golf related items.
8. Climate Controlled Hitting Bays
TopGolf locations offer year round entertainment. Never experience numb hands, disruptive wind or rain or not being able to see your ball due to the sunshine. Enjoy your membership on a daily basis and swing by after work or school. Plan your next corporate event, birthday party or team building exercise in a facility that offers exceptional service and memorable fun.
9. Goodbye Dress Code and 5 Hour Games
Many people want to swing their clubs yet feel discouraged at a regular driving range. Waiting for your tee time or having experienced golfers line up behind you can be intimidating. Thankfully, TopGolf offers a roof top terrace complete with fire pits and an exquisite lounging facility to help you pass the time. An official dress code is not required. Socializing and fun is the mainstay along with perfecting your game of course.
10. Entertainment Factor
If you have ever wondered how close your ball made it to the target or how far you actually hit it; fear not. Every golfer has had those very questions and it was this lack of data that created the TopGolf concept in the first place. With over 90 percent of patrons revisiting a second time, TopGolf has captured the fun and strategy of the game and made it accessible to everyone.
The Topgolf games are for all ages and skill levels, and the micro chipped golf balls score themselves, providing players with instant feedback on each shot’s accuracy and distance.
- Top Golf – Players aim for 11 giant dartboard-like targets. The further the shot goes and the closer to the pin, the more points the player receives.
- Top Break – has a snooker based format in which a player must hit a red target then a coloured target. The higher value colours, the more points are awarded.
- Top Shot – Similar to TopChip. You have to hit targets at four consecutive distances (5 shots each) Whichever starting target you choose (red, yellow, green or brown) determines the games level of difficulty
- Top Pressure – An accuracy game, in which you need to hit all nine sections within the yellow target. Move on to the second and third level to see the value of points multiply, hit the same section twice on level 2 and 3 and points will be deduced.
- Top Chip – Use just the red target (5 shots), yellow target (5 shots) and green target (10 shots). Hit the correct target to earn points, but hit the wrong one and points are deducted.
- A very useful article about the costs of playing at TopGolf.
Latest news, Updates and Tweets from TopGolf Official Twitter Page
“Even with a Platinum card, we had to wait almost 13 minutes to get a bay on Sunday morning even though there were several bays open when we arrived. The sooner we get started, the sooner we would be done so additional customers could start playing after us. We had 2 hours of FUN and laughs for family and friend while on business trip. It was a extremely windy day so the infrared heaters kept us warm. Enjoyed playing on 3rd level.”
“So…my husband has had a Topgolf gift card for a while and we finally got around to using it. We went with a couple of our kids and we had an amazing time!!! Special shout out to Brendan H. who helped us get checked in and took great care of us!!! The food is great and reasonably priced. Our servers were great and golfing was so much fun!!! I’m not bragging but I was the winner of my group!! haha….. I can’t wait to go back.”
“Came out for the first time ever. I live in Greenville SC and we are getting one soon so I wanted to see what the fuss was about. The one terrible part of Top Golf is the wait staff on the inside. Waited 20 minutes to get our drink order and then took 8 minutes to bring em to us. Our waiter who I believe was pretty new seemed overwhelmed and out of his comfort zone. We just decided to wait to order our food when we got to our bay and I believe that was the smart choice. Service outside was so much better. As far as the golf side I sure cant wait till Greenville gets our Top Golf. Prices are a little high so go with Friends to make it cheaper.”
Full Experience At The All New TopGolf in Orlando!
Alternative to opening TopGolf Franchise
Drive Shack is the biggest competitor of TopGolf with a similar concept of 3 storeys of interactive golf, drinks, food, games, and events. However, opening a single Drive Shack franchise costs approx. US $30 million to build. The company currently operates 74 golf courses in 12 states and generated US $309 million in revenues in 2018.
Topgolf will also be competing with BigShots in smaller towns and communities with its new new scalable venue design that will be smaller in size but deliver the same level of golf entertainment experience. BigShots has been acquired by ClubCorp last year and since then it has been aiming to expand rapidly with 30 to 60 more bays, with each facility costing $8.5 to $12 million compared to a Topgolf franchise cost of $18 million.
BigShots Golf Franchise Offering
Other useful resources for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
Note: Get a Business Website Free with Free emails and success online marketing apps with All-in-One-CLOUD by ADVANTON. Get Started Free and build a strong Online Presence like other 10000 small businesses that generate 100% leads and income every month.