Every successful SEO (search engine optimization) campaign starts with perfect keywords and to find those perfect keywords there’s a lot of research that goes into it. As a start-up or a small business owner or a newbie in online marketing you may have heard several times about keyword research. Well, keyword research is the process of finding the best keywords for the SEO of a website. It is a time consuming task before you can get started with the on-page optimization process for a website. But with the utilization of free keyword research tools for SEO you can make your job quite simple and accomplish faster.
You entire SEO efforts can be wasted if you do not have a list of perfect keywords for your website. Picking the right keywords for your website can make a huge positive impact on your website’s rankings and search engine traffic.
Knowing where to start with the keyword research for your website can be difficult but we have compiled a list of all the free keyword research tools for SEO to make your job simple.
List of Free Keyword Research Tools for SEO
1. Google Keyword Planner – The first on the list of free keyword research tools for SEO is the Google keyword planner. A popular keyword research tools offered by Google that you can find inside the adwords dashboard. It is absolutely free to use, helps you find out the volume of different keywords, you can narrow down your keyword research to specific geographic locations and countries and much more. A very versatile keyword research tool which is designed for adword campaigns but is also a perfect fit for keyword research.
It also one of the best free keyword research tool available online to help you find the best keywords for SEO.
Some important features of Google Keyword Planner tool
- Search for new keyword
- Get traffic forecasts for a list of keywords
- Get search volume for a list of keywords
- Multiply keyword lists to get new keyword ideas
2. Moz Keyword Explorer – Another great tool on the list of free keyword research tools for SEO is the Moz Keyword Explorer. It takes keyword research a step further by showing various critical factors such as opportunity, importance and potential that are related to a particular keyword that helps you decide on a keyword.
- Opportunity: Relative CTR (click through rate) of the organic results on a SERP
- Potential: A combination of all keyword metrics to help you prioritize
- Importance: How critical the keyword is for your campaign
This tool is much more than a keyword research tool as it offers deeper analysis of why certain pages rank in SERPs based on backlinks and social data. This is helpful in planning your own SEO strategy.
3. KW Finder – A very useful too among free keyword research tools for finding long tail keywords with low SEO difficulty score. It has great features for finding keywords such as suggestions, auto complete and questions.
KW finder is also loved by SEOs and is also one of the best free keyword research tool.
Suggestions: It provides great keyword suggestions based on the keywords that you input.
Auto complete: It auto suggests keywords from its database based on your input that you can select and generate the data around that keyword.
Questions: Search for questions to figure out what people are searching for related to your business or industry and search volume.
KW finder is also the best free keyword research tool when it comes to finding keywords for local SEO. You can target your search results by city, state or country.
4. Keywordtool.io – It helps in finding Great long tail Keywords Using Google Auto complete as it uses Google’s auto complete data to create its database of long tail keyword suggestions.
Keywordtool is a great alternative to Google keyword planner as it also shows those long-tail keywords that keyword planner tools often misses as it is designed for advertising campaigns which relies on 2 or 3 keyword combinations.
Unique Features of keyword tool:
- With free version you can generate up to 750 long-tail keyword suggestions for every search term.
- It helps you find long tail keywords for YouTube, Bing, Amazon, and the App Store.
- Users don’t need to sign up as most of the features of this keyword research tool free to use.
5. SERPs – SERPs is another very popular keyword research tool that tracks data for over 2m keywords and over 20,000 websites daily which means that you get the most updated data about the keywords normal daily fluctuations compared to the other free keyword research tools that provide weekly or monthly rankings and volume data.
Some unique features of this great tool:
- Get access to a keyword database which has over 1 billion keyword terms.
- Analyze large number of keywords with the keyword tagging system.
- Track desktop, mobile or tablet rankings on Google or Yahoo (in hundreds of countries and languages) from any city or zip code.
6. AHREFS – It is a very popular tool among SEO experts across the world as it offers thousands of relevant keyword suggestions from its huge database of over 3 Billion keywords. Its advanced keyword difficulty feature provides useful insights that help you figure out your chances of ranking for that keyword.
Few unique features of AHREFS tool:
- Provides annual search volume trends and give provides useful insights on searchers’ behavior and SERP ranking history.
- Gives the actual ‘click’ data for keywords which helps in figuring out whether people are clicking on high search volume keyword or not.
7. SEM Rush – SEM Rush is very popular among SEO experts and marketers across the world for its great set of features such as ‘keyword magic tool’. All you have to do is input your keywords in the search box and choose the country for which you want to rank and your done. The keyword magic tools will provide you all the keyword combinations along with search volume and top ranking sites for those keywords.
Its unique features include:
- Along with the high search volume keywords also find low search volume keywords that have less competition and are easy to rank for.
- Find long tail keyword suggestions and topic ideas to create your next blog post or article.
- Offers over 140 regional keyword databases that are of great help for international SEO and keyword targeting in various countries.
8. Word Tracker – Wordtracker is a very powerful keyword research tool available on the web today as it combines the data from Google with its own proprietary search technology that provides in-depth PPC and SEO insights. Each search provides hundreds of keyword combinations and related keywords along with search volume data for both PPC and SEO.
Unique features include:
- It helps you in finding related keywords for stronger content that ranks better in search engines.
- See the search results and the difficulty of the competition right in the tool to build your SEO strategy.
9. WordStream – A free keyword tool that makes it fast and easy for you to find the keywords your website needs to drive traffic through organic and paid search. It keyword tool is based on Google search data to deliver accurate, targeted keyword ideas.
If you are looking for free keyword research tools then WordStream is the one to go for as it gives you hundreds of relevant keyword results, plus additional, actionable information like competition level and estimated CPC in case you are planning for paid advertising campaigns.
WordStream’s Unique features include:
- Helps you find relevant keywords for PPC campaigns.
- Its proprietary Opportunity Score highlights the best keyword opportunities for creating content and campaigns utilizing the keywords with higher Opportunity Score for driving maximum results.
Other free keyword research tools that you can use for finding perfect keywords for SEO
10. SpyFu – Although this tool is not very popular among other free keyword research tools but it has lots of powerful keyword research features that makes it unique. It provides you with powerful stats such as search volume, daily clicks and calculated value of an organic click that you can help you strategize better for your SEO campaigns.
11. SEOBook – Not a very popular keyword tool but you can still use to find keywords and related keywords for SEO. This keyword tool was built on a custom database that has been compiled over the past four years. Its database contains 28,527,279 primarily english language keywords representing 13,762,942,253 monthly searches.
12. Serpstat – It claims to be the first page-oriented platform for a deep competitive analysis that helps you find competitors and define missing keywords for a single URL or the whole domain. It helps you in finding niche questions based on keywords and ideas for creating content that drives traffic.
SEO and Google Rankings start with keywords and finding the right keywords for your business website is crucial to success. To help you in your keyword research process there are several free keyword research tools available on the web.
You can perform your own research and choose the perfect free keyword research tool that suits your needs or you can check the list above to make your job easier.
Advanton helps over 10000 small businesses every month succeed in generating sales and income. Get started free!
Call: US +1(205)624 7254 | EUROPE +44(203)695 0021 or fill out the form on the right to get started!