Publishing great content is the key to higher search engine rankings, more leads and business but writing great content is not a simple task. It needs extensive research and hard work to produce a great piece of content each time. Today, we will provide you with some great website content writing techniques for higher search engine rankings. Before you publish your next blog or write a copy for your web page, include the below mentioned website content writing points to outrank your competition.
22 Best Website Content Writing Techniques for content optimization
1. Identify the Topic – You must be very precise about your topic or subject for which you want write a copy for your web page. Website content writing starts with a topic and well written copies clearly highlight the topic at the beginning of the copy. It is also very important to identify the topic because your keywords will be based on your topic and keyword research becomes simpler if you have a clear idea about the subject or topic.
2. Identify the Primary Keyword – Keyword research is the core of search engine optimization as the entire topic will be based on the primary keyword. E.g. if your topic is website development then you have to find the keywords that are related to website development and pick one primary keyword which has a good search volume. You can use tools such as SEMRUSH or Google keyword planner that comes with adwords account to identify best keywords for your topic.
Tip: Go for longtail keywords
3. Primary Keyword in Page Title – Page title is a ranking factor as per Google and you must include the primary keyword in your page title. Search Engines dig into the page title to identify a page’s topic and page titles are also shown in the search engine results snippets. When it comes to website content writing techniques, page title optimization plays a key role in on-page optimization.
4. Use Primary keyword in the Heading tags – Google loves a web page that clearly outlines the topic in the beginning of the copy and it is also very important from a reader’s perspective. Since, your Primary Keyword itself is based on the topic of your webpage then you must add it to the headings of your page. Heading tags are H1, H2, H3, H4 and so on but most important heading tags are H1, H2 and H3 and these must include the primary keyword as you divide the section of your page with sub headings.
5. Add Primary Keyword in the Meta Description – Meta description is not a ranking factor anymore according to Google but meta descriptions are shown in the search snippets and encourages users to click on the link of your webpage. It helps with CTR (click through rate) and better CTR helps your web page rank higher in search results.
6. Add LSI keywords in the copy – LSI keywords are the keywords related to the primary keyword of your topic and adding LSI keywords to your copy boost the value of your content and help your page in ranking higher in search results. You cannot ignore LSI keywords when it comes to website content writing.
7. Use Primary keyword in the first paragraph – Google prefers that your topic of the webpage is immediately clear to the users and therefore primary keyword must be included in the first paragraph of your copy. It is also one of the best practices when it comes to website content writing.
8. Do not add more than 300 words under each subheading section – Try to keep the word limit within 300 under each subheading section on the webpage. E.g. if your blog post has 1200 words then try to divide it in 4 or 5 subheadings such as H1, H2, H3, H4 and H5 tags and divide 1200 words in subheading sections with 250 to 300 words max. in each section. Very important factor when it comes to website content writing for creating better copies.
9. Write Long Copies – One of the key to a successful website content writing is to write long and informative copies that cover all the aspects of the topic that you are covering. Google gives preference to the long form content and it is evident from the search engine results that longer copies rank higher that short copies. You must write at least 1500+ words for a web page.
10. Add Outbound Links – You must link to other similar topics from websites that have higher authority. It simply means that you add links from other websites with related topics within your content which is useful for the users. Add links as references or use hyperlinks in anchor text that relates to the topic you are linking to.
11. Internal Linking – As it is mentioned above about the outbound links or linking to other websites or web pages, internal linking means adding links of your internal website pages within the topic of your webpage to help search engines to discover related pages of your website. Internal linking of web pages is an on-page SEO factor that Google counts. Always pay attention to internal linking for your website content writing efforts.
12. Use Active Voice – Always write copies using active voice and try to avoid passive voice. It keeps the post interesting from the readers.
There are several content writing formats that professional bloggers follow but we are proving you with the techniques that will help you optimize your copies for higher search rankings.
13. Divide the copy with Subheadings – AS mentioned about the heading tags h1, h2, h3 divide your copy with subheadings to split up content on a webpage.
14. White Short sentences – Keep the sentences in your copy short and sweet. Ideally sentences that are less than 20 words are preferred.
15. Add image alt tag – Your webpage must have at least one image and that image should have alt tag added to it. Search engines cannot read images and so alt tag helps search engines identify images on a web page.
16. Include Primary Keyword in image alt tag – Image alt tag must be properly used and optimized by using the primary keyword in the alt tag.
17. Primary keyword near the end of the copy – Always use the primary keyword in the ending paragraph of the copy or near the ending of the copy.
18. Sprinkle the Primary Keyword in the copy several times – You should use the primary keyword in the copy several times to achieve a density of max. 2%. Ensure that you the primary keyword density stays within 1% to 2% range.
This is one of the important content writing tips for beginners.
19. Mention Sources – Provide links of the sources from where you gather the data for each topic, link to those sources with a nofollow link tag.
20. Use simple English – Always write copies keeping in mind your readers. People understand simple english and don’t want to open their dictionaries to find meaning of the words. So, always use simple words and simple english which is easy for everyone to understand.
21. Add Call-To-Action – Because you write copies with a purpose and want users to take action after going through your copy and so, add an appropriate call-to-action at the end of your copy such as phone number or a link to Contact Us form or a link to another relevant page.
22. Perform final checks – Once you are done with your copy it is time to perform a final copy edit to ensure there are no typos or grammatical errors and your copy has all the necessary elements of on-page SEO as mentioned above.
There are several Website content writing techniques that professional SEO content writers follow but if you follow the above mentioned points when creating your own content then you will get definitely drive much more traffic to your web pages.
Advanton’s free solutions enable over 10000 small businesses every month to generate more business and revenues in over 160 countries.
Call US: +1(205)624 7254 or Europe +44(203)695 0021 or fill out the contact Us form on the right to get started.