If your website runs on wordpress then having these 16 best wordpress plugins for small business website in 2018 can take you to the next level and give your small business a real boost that you are looking for.
16 Best WordPress Plugins for small business website in 2018
If you haven’t already built an online presence for your small business then this is the time that you need to setup a small business website, business emails and put in some online marketing efforts to push your small business forward.
It takes just $15/month to setup a strong online presence for your small business including website, business emails and online marketing.
Let’s have a look at the 16 best wordpress plugins for small business website:
1) YOAST SEO – Every small business wants traffic on their website for generating leads and driving sales and you cannot expect growth in traffic without good on-page SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
So, let’s start with a plugin that will help you with on-page Search Engine Optimization and suggest corrections in real-time.
You don’t need to be an experienced SEO professional because Yoast SEO plugin helps you optimize each post and every page with its real time suggestions and corrections.
Features such as setting up focused keyword for the post, suggestions technology for making improvements in keyword distribution throughout the post and real time SEO page score makes Yoast Plugin the best seo plugin for wordpress.
Yoast is among the best wordpress plugins for small business website and you cannot ignore it, if you are looking for some serious SEO results.
2) W3Total Cache – Having great content on your small business website engages users but if your website is slow and takes time to load then users may leave your website without waiting for it to load completely.
Having a slow loading website is one of the major reasons for high bounce rate and poor ranking in search results.
Proper caching of web pages can be very helpful in boosting your small business website’s speed and load times.
When configured properly it can boost the overall performance of your website by 10x. W3 Total Cache is among the best free wordpress plugins 2018.
3) WPForms – Forms help you collect information from users and allow users to submit details such as a simple contact us form allows users on a website to contact the owner, customer care department or the administrator of the website.
WPForms is the most popular and simple form builder plugin for WordPress websites. It offers simple drag-drop interface for setting up forms on any wordpress website.
4) Akismet – Spamming is a common issue with wordpress websites and if you have built your small business website on wordpress CMS then Akismet anti-spam plugin can help you in keeping your website clean from spammers that post spam comments below your blogs and posts.
Akismet checks each comment against its web service and clears comments that looks like spam and lets you review each comment before approval in the wordpress admin dashboard.
5) OptinMonster – It is one of the best wordpress plugins for business that every small business should use as it allows you to build your email list for future marketing purposes by letting users to signup for newsletters by simply asking them to leave their email address.
Having a list of users that are actually interested in your services or business can be a game changer for your small business.
OptinMonster has an easy to create forms interface that allows you to create optin forms for the users in various formats such as WordPress popup forms, floating header, footer bar, mobile specific forms, sidebar forms and in-line forms etc.
You can easily setup an optin form based on your preference and it also includes A/B testing so that you can select the best optin form that is working for your website.
This is another plugin on our list of 16 best wordpress plugins small business website in 2018.
6) WPSmush If you have large size and heavy images on your wordpress website then it may lead to slower page load time resulting in high bounce rate and poor rankings in google search results. WPSmush compresses images, resized and rescales them for proper optimization.
It has an active installation on more than 1 million wordress websites. WPSmush can significantly improve speed and page load times your small business website by optimizing the images. It processes JPEG, GIF and PNG image formats.
7) Envira Gallery – You may want to display your products or images related to your small business on your website in an elegant and simple manner to your users.
WordPress allows creating images galleries and displaying images on the website but with Envirga Gallery wordpress plugin you can create beautiful and responsive galleries on your website.
It allows creating multiple galleries and adding them anywhere on the website with ease and simplicity.
8) AddThis – Promoting your content on social media platforms is very important for your small business and AddThis wordpress plugin allows adding social media buttons to the posts and pages of your wordpress website.
It allows users to easily share the useful and engaging content by simply clicking the social icon of their choice.
AddThis has a network of over 200 social media platforms such as Facebook, twitter, linkedin, instagram, pinterest etc. where users can share and promote your content for free.
AddThis is on our list of best wordpress plugins for small business website in 2018.
9) BackWPup – Losing your website due to some server side issue or virus infection or by chance some files on the server are deleted then you may end up losing your entire business because your website is the ultimate identity of your business on the internet.
You should always run periodic backups a tleast once a week to stay secure in case of any virus infection, unintentional file deletion or losing your website due some server side issue.
BackWPup is a free wordpress backup plugin that allows you to create backups of your website in a single .zip file.
BackWPup is among the best wordpress plugins for small business website in 2018 because of its easy to use feature for backing up your wordpress website and saving you from a disaster.
It is a very useful plugin that allows you to optimize your wordpress website for speed and load times in a simple and easy way.
11) CloudFlare – Your users love your website if your web pages load faster and a Content Delivery Network such as CloudFlare can be very useful for your small business website as it will serve the pages to your users from the nearest server based on their location.
E.g. a user accessing your website from New York will get the web pages served from a server based in New Jersey or Chicago or Texas etc. while someone accessing your website in Japan will get the website served from a server in Singapore or Indonesia or South Korea.
CloudFlare wordpress plugin is free to setup and takes only minutes to configure and you can signup for free.
12) IFTTT – As a small business owner you have lots to do on a daily basis apart from keeping your website updated with the fresh content and also keep your facebook fans, twitter followers, instagram followers and other social fans informed about your new products, services and blog posts which is ofcourse time consuming.
This is where IFTTT wordpress plugin comes in to automate the job for you. IFTTT (if this then that) allows you to automatically share your new posts on your facebook and twitter pages.
There are various other social media platforms where you can automatically share your new posts such as buzzfeed, Delicious, Gmail and many more.
13) Hummingbird Page Speed Optimization – Humming wordpress plugin compresses your website files by compressing, minification and full-page, browser and Gravatar caching that optimizes your small business website for speed.
14) Wordfence – To protect your small business website from hackers and stop intruders from hacking your website then installing wordfence plugin for wordpress can be a good choice. It is 100% free and protects your website from hackers.
15) Sucuri – It helps keep your wordpress website safe by running malware scans, performing security audits and post-hack security actions. It also has ip blacklisting feature that blocks the ip addresses of malicious users and prevents attacks.
16) All In One Schema.org rich snippets – If you want search engines to understand your content in a better way and display the most precise and important information in the search result snippets then you need to install the All In One Schema.org rich snippet.
You cannot ignore schema.org snippets if you are serious about your website’s rankings in 2018 and it is on our list of best wordpress plugins for small business website.
It helps search engines understand your content better and boost your ranking in search results. It also helps facebook display information correctly when users share the URL of your webpage.
We have compiled a list of 16 best wordpress plugins for small business website that extremely useful. Although, there are many alternatives available to above mentioned plugins that also work flawlessly with your small business website but but we have mentioned the ones that are free.
Note: Join 10,000 small businesses in the US that generate leads and 100% income every month. Get started with Advanton for Free and build a strong online presence. World’s only free online presence solutions company that guarantees business leads and income.